Wednesday, April 30, 2008


Monday, April 28, 2008
North through Olympia on I-5 thru Tacoma then Seattle to Lynnwood and on to Mukilteo and the ferry to Whidbey Island. Nice short ferry trip. On the island, we traveled N. to Freeland, where I called my friend, Joanne, a classmate from my class of '59 VGH school of nursing. Joanne has lived here for many year and it has been many years since I last saw her. We went to Magee High School together then we both went into nursing at VGH. We had so many great times together in training because.....Joanne had a car! Lots of memorable trips to the White Spot & to Seattle overnight when we were supposed to be in residence. I remember changing into our uniforms at the border at 5:30 am so we could go straight to breakfast and to work the next day! Those were wild & crazy times!
We had a wonderful visit with Joanne at her place..... beautiful setting and a spectacular view of the water.
Further north to Deception Pass State Park where we got lost finding a spot to camp for the night. We must try harder to arrive before nightfall!
It was nice being in the woods. Tomorrow is the last day in April. 39 days on the road, so far!

No comments: