Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Janet 's first golf game in the new millenium!




Sunday was Superbowl and we watched the game from the lounge at the park. I got up to fetch more snacks and there were our friends the Walshes from Swift Current, SK! Neither of us knew the other were anywhere nearby. What a coincidence! They have been to several GMC rallies with us and were with us (and a big help) when we lost a front bearing on the way to Amana in 2007. They will be here at the Sands for a month.
Today was a great day! Mary & George Nagle came to the Sands for a golf game and dinner after. I played golf for the first time in over ten years!! I was very nervous as I hit a bucket of balls a couple of days ago and I was terrible! My very first shot, I pulled a muscle in my groin....too tense I guess...but I perservered and overall had a pretty good game. Dinner was steak, potato salad & broccoli, followed by ice cream back in old Kingsley. It was another perfect day in the valley topped off with a swim and into the hot tub before turning in. It just goes to show you....golf is like riding a bicycle...once you learn, you never forget!

No comments: