Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Settling in to the Snowbird life!




Yesterday we went to the Palm Desert Athletic Club in our great little rental car(above). Alan played a couple of games...he's kinda rusty...and had a good work-out. He has joined the club for a month for $50.00 and I will join tomorrow, $25.00 for me. It's a pretty good deal and includes all fitness programs & facilities. I came back to the park and stopped at the City of Hope Thrift Shop, my favourite place to find bargains. Everything half price. I bought a pair of shoes, a tablecloth, a steam iron & a huge knitted Xmas stocking to hang on the front of Kingsley as a decoration. Total: $10.50!
Alan needed a new tire for his bike so we took care of that and greased up and washed both the bikes so they are ready to go, too. We may go and visit our friends in Desert Hot Springs this afternoon. PS That's me in front of the Palm Desert Costco wearing my uniform for the entire two week trip. I'm still wearing the down vest in the early mornings!

No comments: